Trolling the Internets for love with that beautiful mug of yours? If so, you’ll be interested in the latest research from online dating site OkCupid, who found that your camera – and how you use it – could be the difference between getting some and watching repeats of Cheaters.
In a nutshell, OkCupid asked a simple question, 11.4 million times over: Which person in two randomly-paired profile photographs is more desirable? Then, via some crafty analysis, including the EXIF data of said photos, they came up with these pointers for pleasing pics:
- Avoid cameraphones and lo-fi point-and-shoots like the plague.
- “The flash adds seven years.” (OkCupid’s graph pictured above)
- Shoot wide open to make yourself pop!
- Harness the power of Golden Hour.
- iPhone users have more sex.